essay of information technology| essay understanding, IT, is defined as the technology used to acquire, store, process and organize data for “useful information” that can now be used for data processing and specific applications. In this article, we will analyze the definition of the term “information technology”, the history of IT, its importance, advantages and disadvantages resulting from the use of information technology.
According to the Information Technology Association of America (ITAA), information technology is defined as the research, design, development, implementation and management of computer information systems. This entails the study of computer applications as well as computer hardware. With the advent of electronic computers, information technology is used to hide, store, process, recover, protect and transfer information to various sources. Since oblivion, information technology has become an everyday term encompassing computers and technologies.
That is why IT is a broad concept and covers use in many areas. IT specialists perform a wide range of tasks, such as installing computer applications, designing and maintaining complex networks and computer databases.
The term IT therefore covers activities involving data management, networking, engineering hardware, database design, software design, and management and administration. IT, therefore, includes the use of computers and its connection with information.
Information technology has existed for some time, because it has been used in communication since the time of memory. There are four major ages for IT, but this is the latest electronic age that has had a big impact on us. Over time IT has evolved to become a common term for most people, as is the case for everyone in the world.
The meaning and applications of IT
Information technology involves studying, designing and developing information related to computers. The IT industry has developed rapidly over the past few years, mainly due to its importance, and according to experts in the industry, growth should remain stable. IT is quiet and important in many sectors, especially in business and education.
The importance of IT in business can be considered revolutionary. Many companies need software packages to satisfy their operational and functional needs. IT is essential to ensure the smooth operation of enterprises and all departments. The special importance of IT in business includes:
1.IT plays an important role in managing and maintaining a huge amount of information.
It helps in creating and supporting information exchange. Thanks to this, business partners can work from any part of the world as if they were in the same room.
2. In medicine, IT plays and still plays an important role in various diagnostic procedures of various diseases.
Along with the increase in innovativeness, computer-aided operations are also used nowadays.
3. IT has a huge contribution to various security systems for homes and businesses.
Complex security systems are also used in military bases and government agencies.
4. In science and IT engineering, it plays an important role in collecting and exchanging demographic data, weather patterns, and behavioral sciences
5.Through the World Wide Web (WWW), better known as the Internet, is one of the most important ways of connotating the world, and thus led to the “global village”, making the world a much smaller place.
6. In the entertainment industry, IT has been used in special effects, graphical additions and such innovative multimedia applications that are used in film making.
7. Thanks to the global positioning system (GPS), IT is attracting more and more people today. People use GPS technology to track travel routes, recover stolen items such as cars and cell phones.
8. With the help of IT, public databases and secret identification of persons are maintained. Thanks to this, criminals can be easily tracked by electronic gadgets that they could use.
9. In the IT education sector, it helps both teachers and students to study training materials due to quick access. Thanks to online libraries he disseminated knowledge and learns more easily. (The importance of information technology).
The advantages of IT
Today’s world has changed a lot with the advent of IT. Computerization has made manual work easy, with one task being completed. The importance of IT stems from the fact that it penetrated almost every aspect of our lives; from business, entertainment, workplace and even society. IT helps us improve business processes and obtain permanent, up-to-date information about connections. Today, personal computers, mobile phones, fax machines, pagers,